Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Round Up Your Girls!

I’ve noticed this for a while already, although I didn’t think it was substantial enough to put down until I had a couple more “cases.” I’m sure I’m not the first person nor the only person to see this phenomenon. In fact, after talking to some of my guy friends, they deem it NORMAL and the way things should be!

Okay. So what am I talking about? Basically…I’ve been noticing, at least in my vicinity, that a group of friends that sees each other every weekend is dependent upon the males in the group, not the females. I’m not saying that females just ditch their friends when they get a boyfriend. Not at all. In fact, I’ve myself kept the same close knit of girl friends since high school. But the thing is, when we get together, it must be more of a planned event and usually, it’s just us 4 girls.

Now on a weekly basis, I see my bf’s best buddies and their attached girlfriends, who in turn have become my friends. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not knocking on my bf’s friends. In fact, a couple of them are my very very dearest buddies as well. And some of the gf’s? They’ve become good friends of mine too. But what is with this phenomenon?

It just seems rare to me to see a boyfriend join his girlfriend’s group of friends. It seems mostly that the girls tag along with the group that the guy has already established.

Is this some kind of alpha male mentality? Or is it just male mentality. Or is it intrinsic female non dominance? Or just female indifference.

Or is it just me seeing these strange things.

No comments: